Our client is an acquisitive global business with multiple sites throughout the UK and Europe. It is looking to recruit an experienced corporate tax specialist to join its finance team based in Leeds. The role offers hybrid working and would suit someone looking to make a move into industry from practice.
Reporting to the UK finance director your main responsibilities will include:
• Working with external tax advisors to manage the corporate tax compliance process.
• Prepare tax notes and figures for statutory accounts
• Prepare annual Thin Cap and CRC review analysis
• Ensure local controllers are filing necessary tax returns on a timely and accurate manner e.g. PAYE Settlement, P11D’s, Share based
• Ensure SAO requirements are maintained
• Ensure appropriate claims are made for R&D and Patent Box. Provide advice to sites on best practice of identifying and recording
• Ensure the UK group transfer pricing records and policies are maintained.
• Develop and improve tax recording and reporting systems.
Other ad-hoc duties will also include:
• Assist in ad hoc European projects, such as group restructuring or new acquisitions
• Provide tax support and direction for group restructuring exercises
• Ensure sites are prepared for MTD changes
• Keep local controllers abreast of changes in tax rules and provide general tax guidance
If you are keen to find out more, please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this role. Additionally, candidates who are already registered with us will be automatically considered for this role.