This temp role is a year-long contract with the potential to go permanent. Would suit a corporate tax specialist with some employment tax skills. the role involves having primary responsibility and ownership of the PSA return process and advising on the expenses system and employment tax matters particularly IR35, as well as leading the co-ordination of the outsourced R&D tax relief claims and other ad hoc projects including M&A.
There will also be involvement in corporation tax forecasting, tax accounting and compliance as required together with liaison with HMRC and external advisors.
The role is tax technical subject matter expert, based in Leeds/hybrid working and occasional travel to Bromley/London may be required. Day to day this will include:
• Manage the production of the PSA and making sure the appropriate controls are in place through the expenses system, leveraging off the Workday platform to drive better PSA and employment tax reporting, liaising with the offshore finance team for Oracle GL data analysis and evaluating opportunities for automation and process improvement
• Provide support to the Direct & Employment Tax Manager on tax reporting and tax compliance, including at year end and when required for team cover and assist with forecasting corporation tax and deferred tax and calculating payments on account
• Provide specialist employee taxation advice to the HR Reward & Payroll teams, on IR35 and other matters when required (compromise agreements, executive remuneration, share schemes, international assignments etc), including technical advisory support and cover for the Direct & Employment Tax Manager
• Provide advice to the business in relation to maximising Capital Allowances, Research and Development claims and other tax reliefs
• Provide tax technical support and subject matter expert input into ad hoc Finance, HR and business projects
• Understanding of tax procedures, risks and controls, with the requirement to notify any risks/failures in controls to the appropriate channel
It is likely that you will already have some in-house experience and a relevant technical qualification e.g. CTA, ACA, ACCA. This friendly tax team is based in central Leeds. They offer office working, hybrid working (minimum 1 day a week in the office). Good quality work. Part-time also considered. Salary in the range £50,000 to £60,000 FTE + pension + bens pro-rated for length of contract.