The Group Tax division within a capital market organisation are looking for a Senior Group Tax Manager to join their team on a fixed term contract. Placed firmly at the centre of the world's financial, energy and commodities markets, the successful candidate will have an exciting opportunity to facilitate leading work in a FTSE 250 company. Reporting to the Deputy Group Head of Tax and the Head of Tax, EMEA, the role is diverse and includes tax reporting, corporate tax compliance and advisory projects.
Tax advisory projects including:
* Lead the tax work on key projects, e.g. a legal entity restructuring or the integration of an acquired business.
* Rationalising the group structure, e.g. eliminating legacy entities.
* Management of external advisers.
* Identify and address international tax law developments impacting on the structure of the group.
Corporation tax compliance including:
* Preparation of the group's UK corporation tax returns in-house.
* Oversee the corporation tax compliance for EMEA locations outside the UK, with the support of external advisers.
* Liaison with HMRC, including dealing with any enquiry arising.
* Working closely with colleagues in the Finance team to enable them to efficiently support the work of the Tax team, and vice versa.
* Determine prior year adjustments arising from tax computation submissions.
Tax reporting and forecasting including:
* The group's consolidated tax reporting under IFRS.
* Preparation of tax forecasts and budgets.
* Interaction with the Group's statutory auditors.
* Ad hoc modelling, for example in response to legislative change.
* UK corporation tax instalment payments.
* Preparation of tax disclosures for the statutory accounts of subsidiaries in the EMEA region.
The role will may also require various other duties when needed, such as the oversight of EMEA VAT matters and assisting with transfer pricing activities.
The successful candidate will be ACA or ACCA qualified with an understanding of Wholesale Financial Services and experienced in international tax matters. Competitive salary and benefits are on offer.