Our client is one of the top 100 tax, assurance, and advisory firms in the nation. They provide expert accounting, healthcare consulting, and advisory services across several industries. With approximately 300 employees throughout Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, our professionals are entrusted by individuals and leading organizations to deliver effective accounting and financial solutions with diligence, vision, and responsiveness. They value fostering strong, personal relationships with our clients and we encourage diversity of thought, experiences, and backgrounds.
The firm is seeking a senior tax professional with high level skills and experience in US oriented international tax matters, with an emphasis on inbound foreign investment, both institutional and private. The ideal candidate must have exposure to outbound foreign investment as well as issues affecting individuals and families.
The firm has a broad client base and seeks an individual with technical strength and leadership ability. The firm’s long term goal for the position is to create and help lead a group with an international focus within the tax practice. The role has meaningful growth potential. The firm currently has tax professionals with experience in technical international matters to support this effort.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage a diverse but internationally oriented client portfolio, inclusive of tax planning and compliance and transaction structuring services
• Identify, train and supervise tax professionals within the international group
• Work with the firm’s marketing apparatus to design and implement a program to market international tax services both within the firm and in the business and investment community
• Work with other professional service lines within the firm to optimize the firm’s ability to service clients with international tax and accounting needs
• Participate in essential tax department functions including designing and implementing educational programs, identify and disseminate information concerning international tax law changes and developments, including, where appropriate, to the firm’s client base and/or media and professional publications
• Work with tax department and firm leadership to ensure that the international tax practice attains and maintains the appropriate internal and external profile
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting or law
• MS in Taxation and/or LLM required
• CPA or JD required
• 7+ years of experience working in international tax for a public accounting firm, or comparable industry experience
• Strong leadership skills
• Deep experience with inbound and outbound, international tax matters, including research, writing, and quantitative analysis
• Experience with tax implications involving Canadian businesses is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of GoSystem and/or ProSystem is a plus