A rare opportunity to join a role where you will report directly to the global tax change lead and will be responsible for the elements of the tax change portfolio relating to either corporate, indirect, transfer pricing, or operational taxes.
Your role as tax change lead is essential to the successful delivery of the Group Tax multi-year strategy. It requires a detailed knowledge of the principles of your tax specialism, and awareness of other taxes, an understanding of evolving tax authority strategies for direct interrogation and manipulation of data and an ability to comfortably and seamlessly operate with; Tax SMEs, Data & IT Architects, Data Security and Control Specialists, IT Developers and external Solution Vendors.
You will be responsible for supporting the tax function in meeting their tax change objectives, working with them to prioritise and manage the your tax portfolio as part of the wider tax change group, whilst maintaining acceptable risk levels and achieving the required delivery.
As part of this, you will act in the role of senior Business Analyst and Architect in respect of Tax programmes from start to finish; overseeing the definition of problem statements and success criteria, creating and documenting requirements, engaging with other stakeholders/ business partners, overseeing delivery and managing transition, go live and adoption.
The Finance organisation is making greater use of big data technology, developing a single big data platform, which Group Tax will leverage, implementing critical outcomes in a consistent, sustainable and controlled way. Group Tax is part way through multi-year strategic initiatives, deploying externally and internally sourced applications across tax, and you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of the tax landscape.
The Tax Change team is at the core of this initiative and is responsible for the execution of these changes. The relatively small team of about just under 20 people is based in multiple countries and is comprised of project managers, PMO resource and Business Analysts. We coordinate and work closely with the IT function and Tax team to achieve our objectives.
The business are a friendly group and seek to bring experience, challenge and insight into change activities wherever we can. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realising the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
* Detailed understanding and experience of business analysis, business process design, business architecture design and control framework design, ideally in respect of tax;
* Experience within CFO / Group Tax functions of banks;
* Understanding of CFO and Group Tax operating models, data architecture and core applications in, particularly how they relate to your tax area;
* Strong knowledge of your tax area;
* Experience of project management;
* A track record of successful project delivery;
* A good understanding of data principles;
* Understanding of sourcing models and experience delivering third party solutions (cloud and non-cloud);
* Outstanding communication skills (written, verbal and presentational) with developed soft skills. Extensive experience of stakeholder/ business partner management at senior levels;
* Focus on outcomes and delivery. Proven ability to manage work well under pressure; and
* Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives.