An outstanding opportunity in the Tax team within an instantly recognisable car manufacturing business at an exciting time of change within Europe. Primary responsibility is for the management of group UK's VAT obligations in the UK and Europe and to provide general support to the UK Tax Manager in all areas of UK taxation. This key role offers a high degree of professional responsibility and autonomy. It covers all of the group UK entities. Due to the importance of VAT for the group, and broad scope of responsibilities involved of this role, for those with a background in practice, the position is suitable for candidates of Manager or Senior Manager grade.
Outline and Responsibilities:
* External and internal VAT compliance and reporting, including preparation of monthly and quarterly VAT returns.
* Preparation of claims and VAT returns to overseas tax authorities for recovery of overseas VAT.
* Being the first point of contact for all VAT queries and adding value to the business via solution-orientated, compliant and tax efficient advice provided across the UK group.
* Providing VAT advisory support for projects in the UK and Europe.
* Providing advice to other business functional areas such as Customs, Purchasing, and Logistics.
* Identifying and implementing tax planning opportunities in line with group Tax Strategy.
* Ensuring the business complies with all relevant tax legislation and HMRC Guidance, while maintaining Nissan's relationship with HMRC.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
Ideally candidates should be qualified chartered tax advisors or chartered accountants specialising in VAT. Post qualification, they will have focused upon VAT compliance and advisory support and should be able to demonstrate at least 2 years successful professional experience within this highly specialised area.
Alternative qualifications or experienced VAT advisors will be considered where supported by strong and relevant experience.
For experienced VAT advisors, they should have at least 5 years strong and relevant experience. This may have been achieved within:
* A multinational OEM, Tier 1 or 2 component supplier or other high volume production organisation supplying international markets
* A reputable professional accounting or advisory practice or large service company
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.