This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy tax team for a large Leisure & tourism group. As a VAT Specialist, you will enjoy being able to advise and support on all matters related to Indirect Tax in both the UK and EU regions. This will cover VAT, passenger taxes and other indirect tax work. Compared to many roles at this level, the position has a large amount of advisory / project work and business partnering. You will be required to support the Indirect Taxes Manager with all aspects of Indirect Taxes Accounting for all business sections including, UK Tour Operators, Retail, Airline, Cruise, Irish Tour Operator and other group companies.
The role is based in Luton and you will be expected to attend the office on average at least one day per week - which genuinely offers a great office and home life balance.
ABOUT THE JOB
* Review the current VAT processes and control framework, making changes where necessary to streamline the overall process
* Train both finance and non-finance staff on all relevant VAT matters
* Stay up to date on any changes that are related to Indirect Tax and communicate accordingly across the wider business
* Assist internal functions with considering Indirect Tax implications from business changes e.g new contracts / new destinations / new business models. This may include applications for new VAT registrations
* Advise colleagues on VAT queries and resolve issues arising from invoice processing
* Maintenance of VAT controls including table review and updating tax tables within various systems
* Ad hoc projects as required to ensure we remain compliant in all areas relating to indirect taxes
* International VAT/Indirect tax experience would be great, but we are happy to consider applicants just with UK VAT experience
* Strong Indirect tax advisory experience with excellent technical skills.
* Desire and confidence to challenge ideas, working both autonomously and as part of a team.
* Pro-active and enjoy problem-solving, working in an agile way and making well-informed decisions within tight deadlines
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.