Our client is a professional body, they seek an experienced, qualified tax professional to join their technical team. In this role you will:
• Drafting clear, well-structured responses to consultations across the full range of taxes.
• Representing the Body in meetings with HMRC/HMT, the Office of Tax Simplification and other professional bodies. Circulating minutes where appropriate in a timely fashion. Taking forward action points from the meetings and seeking feedback to sub groups and members as appropriate.
• Research and prepare reports on aspects of the tax system.
• Research and write technical copy for the website across the full range of taxes and areas of interest to members.
• Actively managing the technical content of the website.
• Writing articles for a Technical Newsletter and other tax and accounting publications to required timescales.
• Reviewing and providing prompt and constructive comment on drafts prepared by other members of the technical team.
• Present at technical tax conferences.
• Highlighting relevant tax issues to the wider public through the preparation of Press Releases and preparation of material for the External Communications team.
This role would suit someone with a good wide general understanding of current UK taxes and a detailed technical knowledge of one or more areas of tax. You will need at least 5 years’ proven experience working in tax and a will have an understanding of and lively interest in current developments and significant changes in the tax landscape including HMRC’s Making Tax Digital project.
Application deadline 5th September