Hybrid Chesterfield or London
In this varied and changing role, you will play a key part the group minimises VAT costs and ensuring compliance. This is a hybrid role
* Play a key role in managing indirect tax and relationships with tax authorities, advisors and business partners
* Be an internally recognised expert source of knowledge on a very wide range of indirect tax issues. The focus is primarily on VAT issues but encompasses all other indirect taxes.
* Provide technical support and advice on a variety of projects (including IT systems and Brexit) to ensure compliance, minimise tax costs and maximise tax opportunities.
* Provide support to senior managers and advice to other team members on all areas of VAT compliance and planning.
* Review principal group VAT return, and review other UK and overseas subsidiary VAT returns, as required.
* Manage preparation of partial exemption special method calculations and gather relevant information from across the group.
* Keep appraised of changes in tax legislation and case law developments
* Provide training and guidance to staff at various levels.
* Identify opportunities for savings and process improvements help ensure Cost Reduction targets are achieved
* Determine VAT treatment of new products and income streams and ensure treated correctly within financial accounting systems
* Strong technical VAT ability
* Ideally at least seven years VAT experience either in practice, HMRC or an in-house environment
* Ability to drive change across processes, systems and people.
* Ability to effectively contribute to negotiations with tax authorities and other lobbying groups on complex issues to achieve a positive outcome for the group
* A Tax or accountancy qualification is preferred
* IT literate - with proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint and preferably SAP
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.