Transfer Pricing and CT role for this global insurance business.
Your new role
Reporting to the Transfer Pricing Senior Manager and working with the Tax Compliance & Reporting Team, the successful candidate will assist in the preparation of all the groups legal entity Transfer Pricing documentation, UK tax computations, financial reporting and co-ordination of European branch tax returns with third party advisers.
The successful candidate will have good knowledge of UK corporation tax and accounting standards and be an effective communicator (both written and verbal).
The successful candidate will focus on European transfer pricing and tax compliance and reporting, however as the group is expanding into Asia Pac, South and Central America, the role will naturally expand to manage the tax compliance of those areas.
Key Responsibilities (not exhaustive):
* Assisting in the preparation of Transfer Pricing Documentation, including coordination with external advisers
* Performing reconciliations and monitoring of intra-group transactions
* Monitoring and identifying risks arising as a result of existing and new controlled transactions
* Undertaking UK and European Corporation Tax Compliance (including General & Lloyd's insurers)
* Controlling and reporting of monthly, quarterly / year end US, UK, Spanish and Lux GAAP tax ledgers
* Monitoring and controlling of tax payment processing
The successful candidate guided by their Manager will work collaboratively with the wider Tax Team in various projects and tax reporting.
Other Responsibilities Include (not exhaustive):
* Documenting and managing tax correspondence with tax jurisdications.
* Supporting the business on general direct tax and transfer pricing matters.
* Monitoring and identifying risks associated with the implementation of existing transfer pricing policies.
* Liaise with external professional advisors to ensure UK and European tax computations are correct.
* Provide administrative support to the tax team to assist in tax communications to the wider business.
* Keeping up to date with tax legislative developments.
* Prepare draft financial reporting associated with the UK group companies for review.
* Assist in providing tax input to the financial planning and forecasting teams.
* Assist with cash tax payments across the EU.
* Work accurately and effectively. This is reflected in taking personal accountability and responsibility for getting things done. It includes a willingness to go beyond what is required in a given situation, overcome obstacles or barriers to achieve successful outcomes.
* The ability to align oneself with the needs, priorities and goals of the broader organisation. It involves exhibiting high professional standards in the face of rapid and unpredictable organisational and industry change and is demonstrated through objectivity, courage and fairness across all situations.
* Adhering to and achieving individual and team deadlines.
* Respond to adhoc business queries;
* Assist with employer compliance issues as required.
What you'll need to succeed
* At a minimum a newly qualified ACA or CTA.
* Excellent team player, strong relationship skills and an ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
* Must be able to effectively build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Proven ability to plan and achieve deadlines.
* Good working knowledge of tax software.
* Good UK tax compliance knowledge.
* An understanding accounting standards (including UK GAAP and US GAAP);
* An awareness of OECD Transfer Pricing Guidelines and experience with Transfer Pricing Projects would be advantageous.
* Proven track record of collaborating to delivering pragmatic solutions to internal stakeholders.
* Have a professional (or global blue chip) background - Financial Services experience would be advantageous.
* Ability to learn and use a variety of accounting systems.
* Excellent admin and able to manage priorities.
* A second language helpful, but not essential.
* Good Microsoft and power point skills.
* A self-starter, with proven ability to assist implement new procedures and take ownership in delivering solutions.
* A willingness to travel would be advantageous.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.