Key accountabilities and responsbilities:
* Controversy matters - manage and implement appropriate strategies for the robust defence of audits as well as other contentious tax disputes in an efficient and considered manner.
* Controversy matters - to manage and marshall documentation relevant to the disputes as well as ability to understand and become the expert on the technical and factual details of a given matter (including the financial impact).
* Advisory work - advising and recommending improvements to systems, processes and approaches to tax matters as a result of audit experiences.
* Knowledge sharing - through co-ordination and dissemination of best practice in planning and preparation for potential tax disputes
* Support the Group's initiatives in the telecoms sector and the wider tax community in external public and/or governmental tax policy fora - as necessary.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
* Significant corporate tax, transfer pricing and/or legal experience either at an advisory firm and/ or preferably within large industry.
* Proven ability to work to demanding deadlines and experience of working in a complex environment across multiple teams.
* Experience of dispute management and successful resolution of matters through negotiation with tax authorities and through formal litigation across multiple jurisdictions
* Ability to build strong relationships across all levels of the organisation, including with senior stakeholders.
* Self-motivated individual, with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Candidate should be highly organised.
* An agile thinker, but with an eye for detail. Has an ability to think of and implement practical/innovative solutions.
* International tax awareness, particularly within the footprint of the business (including application of Double Tax Treaties, foreign tax regimes etc.).
* Good written and verbal communication skills