We are looking to hire a VAT Operations Manager who will be part of an extremely high-profile group tax team within a household blue chip technology company. This is fantastic opportunity to be part of market leading, dynamic environment where your expertise shall lead to success.
Tax is a specialist function within the Group Finance & Business Services. They own the relationship with tax authorities and external stakeholders. Striving to ensure that their specialist issues are widely understood by Customer Facing Units and other Corporate Units by working together they ensure that the group meets its compliance obligations globally and controls financial risks. The functional structure is designed to create a simpler, more dynamic business.
This opportunity offers a hybrid structure requiring a minimum of two days per week in the office
The main responsibilities will include:
* Managing the preparation, consolidation and the timely filing UK VAT returns each quarter.
* Managing the VAT governance framework.
* Build relationships internally providing VAT advice, training and support as required to facilitate accurate tax coding of transactions and an accurate VAT return compliant with MTD requirements.
* Continuously improve VAT process and governance framework challenging the existing ways of doing things, utilising the Global VAT Reporting Tool; Robotic Process Automation, and introducing new technology.
* Managing VAT tax risks, including tax audits.
If you are ATT/CTA qualified with a thorough understanding of UK VAT legislation, can demonstrate influential leadership qualities, have the drive, optimism and resilience to help propel our client forward they will offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn then this opportunity is for you and please apply below