Head of Tax Compliance and Reporting for global insurance business. Must have strong US GAAP.
Your new role
Reporting to the Head of Tax, the Head of Tax Compliance & Reporting will be responsible for a range of compliance, reporting and tax accounting commitments. The individual will have a proven track record in providing overall direction, technical expertise, coordination of requirements and business partnering.
This role is to provide a comprehensive direct tax and reporting services to the group.
* Deliver robust and documented US GAAP tax positions with effective communications to group finance, US Tax colleagues and other stakeholders.
* Maintain credibility with key internal stakeholders and increase the visibility and engagement with the groups Tax Team.
* Continuous communication with Tax colleagues to raise or flag issues or concerns and manage the resolution of them in an efficient manner.
* Continuously reviewing and taking appropriate opportunities to improve operational effectiveness and consistency through process, technology and/or people capability development.
* Leading, motivating and developing a team to deliver high quality outputs in the most effective ways while ensuring their personal and professional development.
* Provide leadership, represent and attend relevant workshops, Working Groups and SteerCo meetings on behalf of group Tax. Relay outcomes to Tax colleagues and manage stakeholder expectations.
* Assist with the implementation of recommendations arising from the business initiatives/ projects including process (re)design, full documentation of the end to end process and sub processes, standardisation of processes and strengthened controls and governance.
* Maintain, document and register material questions, concerns or issues arising out of the tax and non-tax specific projects and initiatives, which may result in tax process implications.
* Leading figure with wider finance and change initiatives on behalf of group Tax.
* Working with key internal stakeholders to support the groups Tax delivery:
* Ensuring that all data requirements for tax purposes are appropriately captured and communicated to key internal stakeholders, so that tax requirements are monitored for ongoing compliance.
* Oversee all US GAAP reporting.
* Oversee the groups tax provisioning and statutory reporting across various GAAPs including Luxembourg, UK, Spain and Switzerland.
* Ensuring the group meets all its statutory obligations and reporting requirements for tax purposes and submits accurate and timely tax returns to the relevant tax authorities.
* Working collaboratively with Head of Indirect Tax and Transfer Pricing, and Head of Tax Policy and Governance to contribute in the efficient preparation of annual tax reporting obligations, such as transfer pricing and Senior Accounting Officer documentation.
* Monitoring operational tax and reporting obligations and identifying potential filing requirements.
* Delivering on internal tax reporting obligations.
Finance and wider organisational change
* Support in aligning the Tax Target Operating Model to the Finance Target Operating Model.
* Support the identification and implementation of new software and technology solutions to enhance tax processes. This includes consideration of the tax requirements in respect of upcoming or inflight finance technology implementations and exploring opportunities for group Tax to leverage these projects.
* Coordinate technology implementations. High degree of autonomy is encouraged on all significant issues and opportunities as they arise.
* Coordinate group Tax in respect of any technology implementations. High degree of autonomy is encouraged on all significant issues and opportunities as they arise.
What you'll need to succeed
Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
* Qualified ACA or CTA.
* Strong understanding of accounting principles and tax concepts (particularly CT and TP). Knowledge of US GAAP would be preferable.
* Strong communicator with the confidence to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
* Previous experience in the financial services or insurance sector preferred.
* Previous experience working in a project management capacity on tax transformation and technology implementation programmes.
* Strong understanding of operating model design and experience in aligning processes, people, technology, data and governance to achieve business goals.
* Proven experience in leading process mapping and / or Visio or similar visual representation.
* Ability to deliver projects to agreed deadlines and budgets under pressure.
* Ability to work in an unstructured and fluid environment.
* Ability to work in complex, interdependent scenarios and situations.
* Flexible and adaptable.
* Motivated to provide the highest standard of delivery and demanding the same of others.
* Critically review and interpret information and recommend a course of action.
* Demonstrate ability to deal with conflict and drive for results.
* Work effectively within a team and with external parties on dynamic projects and be able to respond to changes quickly and effectively
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.