Part-time Tax Manager (in-house)
A UK based business in the Property sector is recruiting for a Tax Manager on a part-time basis (3 days a week).
Reporting into the Group Financial Controller, as Tax Manager your primary responsibilities will be to act as the key individual within the Central Finance team for all tax matters.
They are seeking a tax manager to support the business in all areas of taxation. This is a hands-on role and requires someone with a flexible approach to both preparing the returns and also group tax planning and strategy.
* Ensuring the group remains compliant with the full range of applicable taxes
* Corporation Tax: manage the UK tax compliance and provisioning process with support as required from external parties
* VAT: preparation of quarterly VAT returns for all of the UK group
* Income tax: annual income tax returns for non-resident landlord property companies (this is currently transitioning to Corporation Tax)
* Payroll taxes: reviewing monthly PAYE/NI calculations and coordinate with HR. Transfer of annual PSA preparation to HR department
* Tax planning: manage and support planning/restructuring projects and coordinating with owners
* Tax forecasting: prepare tax budgeting, forecasting and plan all tax payments
* Tax Strategy: responsible for maintaining and updating
* Managing the relationship with external tax advisors, HRMC and parent company finance and tax colleagues
* Ensuring that tax matters are appropriately addressed in both internal structuring exercises and any material external transactions
* Transfer Pricing: liaise with the Legal team to ensure all inter company agreements are tax compliant
* General: first line support for hotel finance and central teams on all tax queries
* SAO: Responsible for maintaining the tax risk control framework, regular SAO testing and presentation to the SAO officer for annual compliance sign off
* ERS & TAS returns preparation
* Assisting with the CBCR filing and notification requirements
* Corporate Criminal Offence - responsible for maintaining risk registers and communicating with other depts to ensure suitable systems and processes are in place
* Understanding and advising withholding tax risks
* Adhoc project work: may include capital allowance reviews, corporate simplification exercises, dealing with HMRC enquiries, review of availability of other tax reliefs and plenty of other projects
What you'll need to succeed
* ACA, CTA or equivalent qualification with excellent academics
* 2+ Years Post Qualification Experience in tax, ideally within industry (although not essential)
* Hands on experience required, this role is a broad mix of everything
* Prior experience in tax planning, business support and project management would be advantageous
* Someone who keeps up to date with the changes in Tax Legislation
* A self-motivated individual who can manage multiple work streams and be flexible around deadlines
* A positive, can do attitude will be great fit for Finance team
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to service a wide range of relationships
* Demonstrate strong IT Skills, including MS Excel (advanced)
What you'll get in return
* A competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement
* An attractive benefits package inc pension scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or Alex Stirling on 02034650138 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.