We are working with one of the fastest growing software development companies in the USA. The majority of their clients are leading tech US-based companies. Their key expertise is in Finance, Wealth Management, Healthcare and Insurance, Online Education, E-commerce, Social Networking. The company plans to IPO in the USA in the next 2-3 years time.
Due to strategic growth the organization now requires a Tax Director (Head of Tax – Americas) to lead the build out and development of the organizations US tax department. The company seeks an individual with strong tax planning, federal, international and transfer pricing experience.
• Build the Tax Department as part of the CFO Office taking full responsibility for all tax-related process and matters in the Group;
• Manage federal, international, and multi-state income tax compliance;
• Keep up to date our Global transfer pricing documentation following business reorganization;
• Solve non-income tax matters across all jurisdictions;
• Lead tax planning including transfer pricing, and advise on corporate structuring and establishment in new countries;
• Develop global tax reporting strategy and control reporting of taxes across all jurisdictions of our presence;
• Prepare income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 and ASC 270 for our consolidated reporting under US GAAP;
• Manage relationships with external tax advisors, preparers and tax authorities;
• Lead tax due diligence relating to M&A activity;
• Build tax-related processes ensuring effective control environment and SOX compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or another related field and CPA strongly preferred;
• 10+ years of relevant experience in progressively responsible positions in a corporate tax department of a multinational company and/or a public accounting firm with an emphasis on domestic and international taxation;
• Strong technical and applied knowledge base of US domestic and international tax laws and tax practice as well as of accounting under US GAAP rules;
• Experience in preparing and reviewing group consolidated tax provision under US GAAP accounting framework;
• Proven experience of building high performing teams;
• Process driven and must have proven record of establishing strong controls;
• High autonomy and self-motivation, result orientation, systematic approach to the job, attention to details, developed social skills, ability to learn.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience level.