This is a period of unprecedented change in the tax arena, which is resulting in huge demand for delivery of a wide range of Indirect Tax operational advisory services including review of client operating models; process & control recommendations; indirect tax technology offerings and risk advisory services. We are looking for an individual to provide VAT technical input into the delivery of technology solutions working and to provide advice to some of the largest Financial Services clients on the practical implementation of VAT.
For the right candidate this role will be a springboard to a successful career in FS tax and technology - we have an excellent track record of internal promotions and place development at the centre of our people strategy. We're an active and friendly team and are excited about the continued growth of our group. You will work closely with the senior managers and directors who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential.
The projects that the team are working on are innovative which makes it one of the most exciting places to work in tax, but also a place where you can learn and build upon your understanding of a broad range of Indirect Tax concepts to develop your career as a skilled and trusted tax professional.
* Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day management of delivery team
* Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
* Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals
* Have significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignment
* Building and maintaining tax relationships with clients and provide exceptional levels of client service
* Business development - able to identify and convert opportunities by proactively managing existing client relationships and winning new clients
* High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
* Overall responsibility of quality of client service
* Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
* Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
* Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both the business and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm