VAT Manager job In house Basingstoke Hybrid and Flexible working
Your new company
My client is a leading manufacturer of electrical components that are produced and fitted to a wide range of products including cars and household appliances. This Group is well established and has many clients which are associated with luxury brands. A new role is available in their finance team for a VAT Manager.
The opportunity to work in an autonomous role reporting to the Finance Manager and Director for UK entity. They are a global brand with £2bln turnover in Europe. They have a big brand and group but have an SME culture. There is flexible working, 2 days in the office, 3 at home.
Your new role
* Have ownership of all European entities within the Group for VAT
* Monthly reconciliations of SAP tax accounts
* Managing a diverse range of entities and responsible for the controlled completion of all Group VAT Returns, ECSL & Intrastat Returns in Europe
* Preparing VAT returns and ensuring payments are made on time, and monitoring of Refund claims
* New VAT registrations, VAT Investigation Management, Successful negotiation of EU Refund Claims
* Minimise European VAT costs, both processing costs by Agents and movement of goods and Services
* Ensure compliance with local Customs rules
* Monitor and control all group entity VAT
* Consult Finance Business Partners and Country Managers on VAT related issues, to ensure that excellent service levels and deadlines are met
* Liaising with tax authorities and EU agents as needed
* Identify and implement system, process and commercial improvements
* Support Finance Teams across Europe
* Ad hoc requests and support to UK Finance Director and Finance Manager Responsibility for ensuring Group VAT Compliance in the UK and Europe.
* Plan EU Tax strategy for all SIE European operations
* Manage process for tax reporting/internal audit process
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant or qualified by experience. You must have experience of managing VAT processes for the UK and one other European entity. You will have good communication skills in order to liaise with the wider group and local agents.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of up to £55,000. There is an extensive benefits scheme. Hybrid working is supported with 2 days in the office and 3 days at home. Flexible working options available for early or late start or finish as needed to promote work life balance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.