My client, one of the world's largest multinational media groups. Headquartered in Germany the group owns companies engaged in television and radio broadcasting, television programme production and distribution, book publishing, music publishing and media related support businesses.
With an established a tax function in the UK it manages the tax affairs of the of Group companies in a range of territories. Due to recent M&A activity the group have identified the need for a role to support on international tax matters.
The role will report to the SVP Tax. On a day-to-day basis the successful candidate will also work closely with finance colleagues in other territories. The ideal candidate should typically have a recognised accounting or tax qualification (preferably ACA). The role would particularly suit a recently qualified looking to make their first move into industry.
Tax accounting and reporting
* Advice and assistance to local management on completion of the tax related disclosures for the quarterly "C-pack" group reporting including review of individual reporting packs and preparation of overall summary reports for tax management.
* Consideration of the current and deferred tax position of each company under IFRS.
* Assistance in the preparation of quarterly tax review reports and analysing the effective tax rate of the group
* Monitor and control local corporate tax compliance.
* Field general tax questions from the group.
* Assist the subsidiaries with withholding tax compliance.
* Preparation and maintenance of transfer pricing documentation and studies.
* Overview of the UK CFC status of UK subsidiaries.
Tax audit defence
* Liaison with local management and advisers in relation to any enquiries received from local tax authorities and dealing with the same in a timely and effective manner.
* Attendance at meetings with local tax authorities as required.
* Supply local group companies with advice, assistance and information as necessary in order to defend or resolve outstanding tax enquiries.
Given the diverse geographical footprint of the businesses supported by the tax function the International Tax Consultant will be expected to travel from time to time. The role will be based at the group's UK tax function in London. At present the group operates both home and office working patterns.
Everyone who works with the company is expected to be flexible regarding their duties. A role profile is not an exhaustive list of what an employee is expected to do as roles may change and evolve over time.