Purpose of the role
* Experienced tax professional sought to join an in-house tax team of two sitting within an established London-based Finance Team that has responsibility for accounting, tax, compliance and regulatory issues across the business.
* The role would cover UK and international tax (generally European and US) which includes both compliance and advisory work. Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager and working with other members of Finance Team and across the business together with our external advisors and service providers.
* Co-ordinate with service providers on preparation and review of UK, German, US and Luxembourg fund partnership tax returns for fund, carry and co-invest partnerships. These returns can be complex and will involve working with the Fund Reporting and Luxembourg teams and outsourced service providers.
* Preparation of UK group corporate tax returns and year-end tax numbers for the group accounts. Co-ordinate with service provider on main UK LLP partnership tax return and review of this. Preparation and submission of UK employee annual reporting including monitoring off payroll workers rules.
* Preparation of the group and fund FATCA & CRS reporting for UK, France and Luxembourg and keeping supporting self-certification information up to date.
* Supporting Fund Reporting/Investor Relations teams on responses to investor tax queries and during a fundraising process.
* Supporting the tax input to the Deal Team, for example on fund investment acquisitions or exits including Luxembourg holding structures and making sure structures comply with fund agreements. Support ongoing tax monitoring of investment holding structures including withholding taxes, BEPs, anti-hybrid rules and other tax changes and compliance issues.
* Supporting tax advice and implementation support of ad hoc projects and fund structures. Supporting HM Revenue & Customs relationship. Support work on liquidation of residual fund entities post exits and surplus group entities.
* Monitoring changes to legislation, internal processes, implementation of existing group/fund structures and changes required to keep structures and processes compliant. For example carried interest rules, the DIMF rules, salaried/mixed member rules and the recent qualifying asset holding regime.
Skills and experience required
* Pre-existing experience working with fund concepts/structures would be advantageous but is not essential. More important is a desire to learn about funds and a flexible mindset, working as part of an established in-house Finance Team.
* A good general grounding in tax with at least 5 - 6 years of professional experience, likely with an ACA or equivalent qualification and experience working in a fund or transaction environment although not essential.
* Motivated team player. An ability to take ownership of completing tasks accurately and prioritising with minimum supervision - organised and attentive to detail.
* Excellent numerical, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly/concisely in a business environment to a non-tax audience.
* Experience working with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.