A great opportunity to join a well established practice.
Your new company
An established independent practice with over 30 years experience, offering expert and personal guidance to owner managed businesses, organisations and individuals. The practice is known for its success in helping businesses and individuals achieve their financial goals and tax objectives.
Your new role
As the Senior Tax Manager you main roles and responsibilities would include
* Researching complicated tax scenarios and presenting the answers in professionally written report format to clients either as full documents with calculations or in and interview or presentation format.
* Review of tax returns and preparation of more complex cases including trust returns.
* Management of a team of staff. Including payroll, holidays, interviews and appraisals
* Training staff on Tax, accountancy and payroll.
* Advisory work including: IHT and CGT planning.
* Advisory work around remuneration options including limited companies and family investment companies.
* Trust work including advising trustees and beneficiaries, 10 year charges, set up of trusts.
* Working with UK situs discretionary trusts and IIP trusts (both pre and post 2006).
* Successfully managing client relationships throughout the client lifecycle; from tending to preparing and reviewing deliverables and billing.
* Advice to owner managers and share-holders on structuring including advice on passing businesses to the next generation.
* Dealing with HMRC queries and enquiries.
* Preparing and presenting seminars to clients.
* Self assessment Tax Returns for a wide variety of clients including company directors, property landlords and NHS professional
* Specialising in the NHS pension scheme and advice thereon
* Researching a wide variety of tax issues for individuals and trusts and tracing back payments for historic trusts in the UK and overseas.
* Preparing and reviewing form IHT400's.
* Preparing and reviewing trust accounts.
What you'll need to succeed
Preferably ATT and CTA qualified (or qualified by experience)
Ideally some experience working with trusts.
What you'll get in return
A great opportunity to manage a varied portfolio working for a range of clients.
An excellent chance to offer tax advice to charity organisations, trusts and corporate businesses.
Competitive salary up to £55,000 plus annual bonus
Free car parking in city centre location
25 days annual leave.
Additional holiday entitlement with length of service.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.