The International Tax Funds team is responsible for monitoring and analysing changes to international tax law, considering the implications for funds and investments and managing local tax risk. The team collaborates with the legal and regulatory teams in structuring new funds and investments, considering the impact of changes in local law and tax practice.
The team is also responsible for managing direct and indirect tax compliance for funds across a variety of European jurisdictions and a variety of investment strategies and products. All tax compliance is outsourced to Big Four service providers, but the Tax Manager will oversee the management of these service providers across numerous jurisdictions.
* Collaborate with the Tax Legal team to ensure that ongoing tax related matters have been considered as part of the acquisition structure and advice prepared by the tax service provider
* Collaborate with the relevant Finance team and Administrators to ensure that structures are implemented as designed and all relevant setup filings have been carried out e.g. Double Tax Treaty Passports, VAT registrations etc.
* Monitor and advise on changes to international tax Consider practical implications of changes to tax law and develop and manage responses as necessary including drafting firm policy documentation
* Effectively communicate the implications of new legislation to both tax and non-tax literate stakeholders
* Compile and provide detail, support and analysis for internal files and external audit reviews
* Assist with tax related matters in relation to new products including investor due diligence queries and side letter negotiations
* Ensure that all fund entities and SPVs maintain compliance with all relevant local taxes
* Implementation and ongoing delivery of tax risk management processes
* Liaise with service providers and Administrators to ensure that all direct and indirect returns are prepared and submitted in a timely and comprehensive manner including:
* Highlighting complex or uncertain items which require further advice from our broader adviser network
* Ensure careful documentation of positions taken creating a permanent file and communicating areas that represent an opportunity for future change
* Review certain draft returns prepared by advisers
* Ensure compliance with ATAD (in particular Corporate Interest Limitation and Anti-Hybrids), Controlled Foreign Company rules, Country by Country Reporting and DAC6 (amongst others)
* Responsibility for the identification and tracking of transfer pricing requirements relating to our funds and investments and engaging with relevant experts to perform required analysis
* Manage tax audits and oversee discussions with tax authorities in relation to historical issues
* Oversee the management of the tax compliance budget, anticipating additional filings where new entities are formed or new compliance requirements are introduced
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Strong grounding in tax technical matters, (e.g., CTA, ADIT or similar preferred)
* Familiarity with accounting principles, (e.g., UK or US GAAP. CA / ACA preferred)
* Experience of working on tax projects across multiple jurisdictions is required, tax compliance and transfer pricing experience is preferred
* Excellent organisational skills are vital. The role requires the balancing of multiple tasks and progression of numerous workstreams simultaneously
* The individual must be collaborative as the role will involve liaison with both internal and external counterparties across all levels of seniority.
* Highly personable, with ability to influence and create relationships across the globe
* Must be well versed in Excel
* The ability to take on a task and "run with it" to conclusion is a critical characteristic of this role