Pharma business looking to recruit a Tax Manager to lead the tax function.
Your new role
The role's purpose is to support the business on identifying and complying with indirect/direct tax requirements as it continues to grow, together with managing the tax risk, including dealing with tax authority audits and ensuring compliance with legislative change. It covers oversight and operations of the end-to-end Corporate tax and VAT compliance
* Preparation of CIT computations and returns all UK group companies and our European subsidiaries (annual process)
* Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting and payments for all direct/indirect tax returns
* Supporting auditors with providing supporting documentation, tax computations and support for all tax information
* Preparation and review of accounting provision information for accounting and reporting purposes, and ensuring that the tax position is accurately recorded in the accounts
* Overseeing and may include the preparation of VAT returns and related compliance, as well as providing advice and explaining implications of potential decisions as required to the wider business on VAT treatment
* Assist with the implementation and maintenance of Transfer Pricing arrangements across the group and ensure that the group Transfer Pricing policies are adhered to and that reporting and analysis accurately reflects the underlying business agreements and needs
* Responsible for all tax accounts (BS) including the performance or supervision of VAT and CIT balance sheet reconciliations
* Providing support for new business initiatives and assesses impact from requirements through to successful implementation to ensure VAT compliance and accurate reporting
* Proactively identify tax risks for the business to ensure changes in tax law and regulations are complied with
* Undertaking in the preparation and delivery of VAT training
* Managing communication and queries from HMRC and other tax authorities, including building relationships with key contacts
* Contributing to the continuous improvement of effective and efficient indirect/direct tax processes and controls
What you'll need to succeed
* Qualified tax professional with relevant experience.
* Accounting or tax background, experience in cross-border intercompany transaction and international tax matters in both tax reporting and compliance.
* Experience of managing both UK and global VAT for businesses (trading/supply chain)
* Experience working within a similar environment would be beneficial - dealing with multiple sites, vendors, customers, and multinational subsidiaries in the Pharmaceutical Industry or any other international business
* Experience of dealing with tax authority enquiries and audits
* A proven ability to plan and prioritise workload to meet tight deadlines
* Working experience with D365
* Excellent knowledge of MS Excel (beneficial)
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.