Newly created Head of Tax role for growing FS business.
Your new company
Newly created Head of Tax role for this growing department within a financial services business.
Your new role
In this newly created role the Head of Tax will be responsible for a broad range of reporting requirements and projects across the group.
The candidate will be responsible for managing all the groups tax reporting and compliance obligations, leveraging both the internal financial control team and external advisors to ensure all obligations are met. The candidate would be responsible for researching and advising on all new tax structures.
The ideal candidate should be operations focused and it would be an advantage to a have a broad experience of tax issues ranging from corporation tax reliefs and exemptions, transfer pricing, corporate restructurings, international tax principles, PAYE and VAT compliance procedures.
The Finance team is investing in improvements to systems and processes and the Head of Tax will play a key role in continuous improvement.
What you'll need to succeed
CTA or fully qualified tax accountant ACA with big four experience preferred with strong knowledge of UK tax and experience gained within the Financial Services. In addition you will have:
* Good understanding of transfer pricing requirements
* Good understanding of UK R&D claims > Good understanding of VAT
* Good understanding of UK employment taxation
* Ability to quickly research new topics to minimise use of external help.
* Advanced excel and word preferred
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Experience of mentoring and developing more junior team members
* Enthusiastic and willing to learn
* Organised and motivated > A driven person who will take ownership of tasks and drive to completion
* Ability to prioritise work
* Ability to deliver work to an agreed timescale and budget
* Ability to generate creative ideas both for technical work and business development purposes
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.