At KPMG our goal is to be the Clear Choice for our Clients, our People and our Community.
KPMG professionals are individuals who take deep, personal accountability for their work; have a passion for excellence; remain driven to achieve their full potential; and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional has a strong work ethic, thrives on challenges, and is dedicated to providing outstanding client services.
At KPMG in Bermuda, you have the unique opportunity to become an integral part of a dynamic U.S. tax team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world’s top tax firms, while living and working in one of the most beautiful locations in the world. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service. KPMG in Bermuda is currently seeking a Manager to join our tax team.
Role and Responsibilities include:
• Provide individual U.S. tax compliance and advisory services for our high net worth and globally mobile executive client base
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide high-touch personalised service, working with taxpayers, professional trustees and company executives
• Build and manage relationships with our clients
• Build and manage teams of tax professionals focused on delivering high quality personalised services
• Manage risk and financial performance of engagements including billing, collections, and project budgets
• Team with other professionals to identify new marketplace opportunities and grow the KPMG tax practice
Candidates must have the following qualifications, skills
• Five years of relevant experience (preferably with a Big 4 firm) in
the U.S. tax technical concepts relevant to (re)insurance companies, investment funds, foreign trusts, and/or corporate executives and other high net worth individuals;
• CPA designation or Enrolled Agent qualification is required;
• Master’s degree in accounting or Taxation is preferred;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to articulate complex information;
• Proficient in the use of relevant technology, including MS Excel and tax
return preparation and research software;
• Experience mentoring and counseling team members;
• Ability to work in a team environment; and
• Able to meet tight deadlines and work significant levels of overtime
during busy periods.