The Firm Tax team oversees Corporate Tax compliance reporting and accounting in 25 jurisdictions across EMEA. The candidate will have responsibility for a portfolio of companies and processes, both within the UK and across the EMEA region, and will contribute to various strategic projects eg corporate restructuring, acquisitions, disposals, regulatory changes etc.
* Work in the Tax department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight of our business
* A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
* Professional development opportunities
* Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
* A supportive and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
* Manage tax compliance, audits and reporting within UK and Europe, Middle East and Africa, with specific responsibilities for the main UK operating legal entity.
* Prepare month-end and year-end tax provisions for inclusion in management and statutory accounts. Ensure tax is reconciled to the submitted returns and the general ledger.
* Build close relationships with local CFOs in various locations.
* Provide tax considerations to into key business decisions such as M&A transactions and internal transactions e.g. reorganisations, funding arrangements and corporate simplification.
* Lead post acquisition tax integration e.g. align policies, controls and processes.
* Lead and drive group tax projects and processes
* Manage group CIR calculations
* Drive innovation and process efficiency improvements
* Proactively monitor international tax legislative changes and assess impact on the business, propose plan of action to senior stakeholders
* Maintain the tax risk register
* Proficient UK Corporation Tax compliance knowledge and experience
* ACCA/CIMA/CA or ATT/CTA qualifications
* 5+ years of UK Corporation tax work experience in Practice or Industry
* Desire to develop project management skills
* Ability and willingness to work with virtual teams across varying regions towards the achievement of common goals
* Excellent analytics, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Ability to work proactively and be accountable
* Strong interpersonal communication skills and able to interact with stakeholders across countries and cultures
* Self-motivated personality with high standards for quality of work, controls and accuracy