The tax manager will work closely with the other members of the team who cover the various businesses. The senior tax manager will be involved in the broad variety of issues which the businesses require tax support on. The team's function includes:
* Review and analysis of new products, including tax sensitive products
* Implementation of Tax department processes and procedures
* Tax review of legal documentation
* Pro-active interaction with business
* Managing tax risk and providing tax technical support for business and operational processes relating to Tax
* Work with businesses to identify and address EMEA tax issues arising across all entities, including corporate income taxes, withholding taxes and transaction taxes (stamp, FTT).
* Support global and US information reporting colleagues in respect of businesses covered
* Assist the business to develop and implement new products and transactions in a way which identifies and controls tax risk
* Ensure that the internal tax policies, standards and processes are implemented and upheld, including review of external advice
* Assist legal functions supporting the business in negotiating tax matters within legal documentation for flow business and one-off transactions
* Liaise closely with tax team members in London and globally (in particular, New York) as well as, where appropriate, with Finance, Legal, Risk and other control function colleagues across EMEA and globally
* A strong candidate would be expected to have at least 5-7 years of direct experience in the Financial Services Industry, including experience with a major accounting or law firm, or relevant banking experience
* General understanding of banking and capital markets products
* Experience of advising on operational/transactional taxes
* Broad experience in providing tax support to the financial services industry
* Experience in reviewing legal documentation
* Previous responsibility for dealing directly with clients (internal or external)
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision
* Self-motivated, demonstrating initiative and a pro-active approach
* Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
* High energy level with ability to work well under pressure on multiple priorities and to critical deadlines
* Qualified Tax Lawyer, Accountant or Tax Advisor
The candidate must be able to:
* Suggest pragmatic solutions to problems and conclude where appropriate. It is important to understand the need to involve management as necessary.
* Analyse transactions and identify applicable tax issues.
* Be a strong, robust, communicator who can explain issues clearly and will be resilient in applying internal policies to appropriately manage risk.
* Provide deliverables on a timely basis
* Be able to work unsupervised on day to day responsibilities. Senior management support will always be available to the candidate.
* Must have confidence in ability to be able to deal with and manage numerous issues which place demands on their time..