The role is within the Finance team reporting into the Director of Financial Reporting. The role holder will perform the VAT return preparation and tax reporting, including support for the Senior Accounting Officer Reporting. This position requires an in depth and a broad knowledge of practices and procedures. The role holder may work with both internal and external sources to ensure proper reporting of data. The role holder will provide functional advice to less experienced accountants.
* Perform the completion of tax reporting matters for the quarter and annual reports, including the review and oversight of the tax expense and deferred taxes;
* Support for the SAO control framework, including documentation of controls;
* Preparation of indirect tax returns, including annual adjustments;
* Inter-affiliate Agreement Database maintenance;
* Supports management by co-ordinating, implementing and MTD for direct tax and other system/process updates;
* Responsible for preparation of direct tax returns and reconciliation of direct & indirect tax payments;
* Acts as a subject matter expert for tax accounting matters and the main point of contact for associated queries - in particular during the audit of the financial statements
* Detailed direct tax accounting knowledge - Significant experience of preparing CT returns, deferred taxation and accounting for tax transactions and balances;
* Detailed indirect tax accounting knowledge - Significant experience of preparing VAT returns, including partial recovery calculations and annual adjustments. Significant experience of accounting for VAT transactions;
* Experience of PSA calculations - Significant experience of preparing PSA calculations;
* Experience of implementing and maintaining tax control framework - Experience of implementing and maintaining a tax control framework, including documentation of tax controls;
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.