Our client is one of the UK’s leading R&D tax practices. They help businesses claim back from HMRC for their technical and R&D projects. The team includes a mix of individuals with tax, science and engineering backgrounds. They pride themselves on the technical detail and quality of their claims that ensure they are not challenged by HMRC – but rather used as ‘gold standard’ for what good R&D Tax Advice should look like.
They a seek a specialist (with either a tax/finance or engineering/technology background) with extensive experience in the application and operation of the UK R&D Tax Incentives regime. Specifically seeking an individual that has a proven track record working with a diverse range of industries in which their clients operate.
Your key responsibilities:
• To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of R&D tax claims to the client inclusive of all tax technical elements
• Lead engagement teams and develop robust claim methodologies to support R&D Tax claims that will be submitted to HMRC. This will include managing the overall client engagement, identifying and mitigating any inherent risks and overseeing the technical and costing aspects.
• Work with client's engineering/technology and tax/financial teams to prepare and submit robust R&D Tax relief claims.
• Review documentation to support the R&D Tax relief claims, including technical descriptions of client’s R&D activities along with complex calculations supporting the quantification of the qualifying expenditure in accordance with the tax legislation.
• Work with clients to respond to HMRC queries about the R&D Tax relief claims.
• Establish and maintain strong business relationships with both existing and new clients.
• Contribute to the leadership of the team, including team recruitment, mentoring and training along with development of our junior team and operational practices.
• Lead business development initiatives, identify new opportunities for claims for R&D Tax reliefs, and pitch for work with both new and existing clients, potentially both domestically and internationally.
Whatever your technical background (so whether you have a science and technology background or are CTA, ACA, ICAS or a former Inspector) you will need to be a team player with strong communications skills. Someone who enjoys writing technical reports and managing and mentoring more junior staff. In return for your experience our client offers an excellent salary and benefits package and plenty of scope for promotion.