An exciting opportunity to join a FTSE 250 business as an International Tax Manager based in London.
Reporting to the Head of Tax, you will manage the corporate, transactional and withholding tax risks of the global group with a focus on European countries.
* Support the global business on acquisitions and disposals. This includes: modelling the impact of tax structuring and ensuring that effective tax due diligence is carried out
* Provide advice to the global business on relevant new tax laws with support from external advisers.
* Ensure compliance with cross border tax laws and to ensure all tax obligations are met on a timely basis partnering with the global finance teams. Such matters will include transfer pricing and withholding tax.
* Network across the business to ensure that the tax team are involved at an early stage of any proposed transaction and to advocate commercially focused and pragmatic tax solutions.
* Work closely with external tax advisors and lawyers across multiple jurisdictions.
* Oversee local tax compliance undertaken by the local tax advisers.
* Maintain a current knowledge of international tax developments and proactively disseminate the impact of proposed changes to relevant stakeholders.
* Trained in tax with a Top 10 accountancy firm or in-house.
* ACA/ACCA or CTA qualified, or equivalent
* Strong international tax technical knowledge with excellent communication skills
* The ability to build relationships across the organization and enthusiastic team player
* Proven ability to work to deadlines in a complex environment, with key skills being attention to detail and effective project management
* Experience of managing compliance, experience of international tax planning and structuring
* Knowledge of indirect taxes and PAYE is an advantageous but not essential