An unusual role for a local practice which deals with the tax affairs of many high-profile individuals in the international entertainment industry, including film, media, sports and music. This provides amazing opportunities for the right person to develop specialist skills and experience - an opportunity that would not exist in most accountancy & tax advisory practices.
The role is ideally suited to a dedicated candidate that wants to focus mainly on consulting work and can take ownership and responsibility of their workload, working closely with both senior and junior members of the team. As the team and business continue to grow, the role offers a unique opportunity for the candidate to expand on their wider tax knowledge, with the potential to get involved with complex advisory projects.
From day one, our client will expect you to build relationships with the clients on your allocation - providing a personal attentive service is at the heart of this firm and the reason for their continued success. On offer is a clear pathway of progression. Due to continued expansion, there are no barriers to promotion for the right people. The firm is looking to recruit individuals who will be with the business in the long term and who will eventually become directors.
Day to day your role will include:
- Provision of tax consulting advice to clients from across the firm.
- Managing a small portfolio of high value clients and being their first point of contact for all tax matters, including taking responsibility for ensuring their personal tax returns and computations are prepared to a high standard and on a timely basis.
- Identify opportunities for any additional services that clients may need and liaise with subject specialists.
- Responding to HMRC enquiries.
- Reviewing work prepared by tax associates/trainees.
- Developing junior members of the team.
- Billing and debt collection.
Our client welcomes applications from those qualified by experience, as well as CTA or equivalent qualifications. Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of:
- Excellent tax research skills and ability to communicate complex concepts to clients.
- Experience of review of personal tax return and computations.
- Track record of developing and managing staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and organisational skills, including monitoring time charges and budgets.
This is a friendly, rapidly growing independent firm with an excellent quality client base. Could suit someone looking to relocate to Worcestershire or someone who wants to work more locally. Hybrid and flexible working available. Parking permit, pension and bonus. A really interesting and unusual opportunity to work on entertainment sector clients outside of a major city.