Our client is a large independent firm which specialises in dealing with clients from the film media, sports and music industries. This friendly team are looking to recruit an Assistant Tax Manager to join their expanding Personal Tax team. They specialise in ensuring that actors, directors and other key entertainment/sports personnel meet their domestic and international tax obligations, and operate in the most tax efficient way possible.
The role is ideally suited to a dedicated candidate that can take ownership and responsibility of their workload, and work closely with both senior and junior members of the team. As the team and business continue to grow, the role offers a unique opportunity for the candidate to expand on their wider tax knowledge, with the potential to get involved with more complex advisory projects. Day to day your role will involve:
- Managing a portfolio of clients and taking responsibility for ensuring their personal tax returns and computations are prepared to a high standard and on a timely basis.
- Work with the clients directly to understand the requirements, and identifying areas where more detailed advice may be required.
- Overseeing their annual compliance allocation, as well as being actively involved in ad hoc tax advice/queries.
- Reviewing work prepared by tax associates/trainees, and guiding/mentoring them to develop within the team.
- Identify opportunities for any additional services that clients may need and liaise with subject specialists.
- Providing support to the Senior Tax Compliance Manager to ensure deadlines and targets are met across the compliance team, as well as assisting with billing and debt collection.
- Working with management to develop/improve internal processes to drive synergies within the team.
- Working with various internal departments (personal tax, accounts, bookkeeping, business management etc) to deliver services to clients.
We welcome applications from those qualified by experience, as well as ATT / CTA / ACA or equivalent qualifications.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of preparation and review of personal tax return and computations (any additional corporation tax experience would be helpful, but not essential).
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent team work and organisational skills, including monitoring time charges and budgets.
- Being able to research tax issues and use software/HMRC guidance.
- Any additional exposure to residency/domicile and international tax issues would be welcome.
Could be the ideal opportunity for someone working in Birmingham or Coventry to get a high quality role closer to home. Hybrid and flexible working available, role comes with parking permit, pension and bonus.