This well established hospitality group with 400,00 employees and presence in more than 70 countries are now looking for a tax specialist to join on a 11 month fixed term contract.
This role is predominantly remote, but it will be a bonus if you could come to the office in Manchester every couple of months.
This position will report into Head of Tax and is mainly focusing on corporate tax as well as supporting on indirect tax. They are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
* Own tax compliance calendar and to ensure the completion of returns in a timely basis:
* Group and statutory accounting tax reporting (including budgeting and forecasting)
* Assist with indirect tax returns (including VAT / CIS / RCT / EC Sales / Intrastat etc)
* Direct tax returns
* Tax payments
* Corporate interest restriction return
* To Identify and implement continual process improvement, with efficient use of technology
* Effective relationship with Senior Tax Specialist - Indirect Tax, to assist with the delivery of the Indirect tax returns
* Maintain and develop a good relationship with the group's Customer Relationship Manager at HMRC and help maintain a low risk profile
* Involvement in/lead tax related projects / advice to business segments
* Continual support and development of direct reports (together with the Senior Tax Specialist - Indirect Tax)
* Qualified accountant with extensive tax experience, in a complex company structure (preferable either in-house or in tax compliance)
* In depth experience and technical knowledge of tax accounting & disclosures for accounting purposes, including deferred tax, prior year adjustments and multiple years, able to hit the ground running
* Experience with OneSource tax software (or other leading tax software)
* Experience in line management of team (preferable)