The Cayman Islands is a British Overseas Territory, in the western Caribbean Sea.
Our Big 4 client is seeking a US Tax Manager (& Senior Associate) to join a team of Cayman-based professionals providing tax compliance and advisory services to the Asset Management sector.
The US tax work is highly complex and interesting. The US tax team provides tax services to insurance companies, hedge/private equity funds & entities in the ILS sector.
One reason why so many British, Canadian & American expats choose to move to the Cayman Islands is that it offers them a welcome break from their fast-paced lives. They can enjoy the same relaxed lifestyle almost daily, which is nothing less than a dream when living in a big city.
● Assist in the growth and development of the US tax practice, while participating and supervising the preparation of US income tax returns for clients in the asset management & insurance sector. This role will involve the supervision of tax staff.
● At least five years of US tax experience
● Understanding of US technical tax concepts related to (re)insurance companies, investment funds, foreign trusts, etc.
● CPA designation, Juris Doctor OR Enrolled Agent qualification
WHY THE CAYMAN ISLANDS?
● There is no federal income tax on the first $120,000 of income (approx $20,000 of tax savings) for a US person working and residing in Cayman, as well as no state income tax in Cayman.
● For other nationalities, there is 0% income tax.
We're experts in helping people relocate, so get in touch.