A really exciting opportunity to join one of the top Real Estate firms as a Tax Manager.
The role will operate as part of a four-person tax team and will work closely with the Tax Senior Manager and Group Tax Director and the wider finance team. The role holder will be expected to be involve in everything from tax reporting workstreams, supporting the outsourced tax compliance function and supporting on M&A transactions / restructurings.
This is a great opportunity for a real estate tax expert who wants to move into a diverse multi disciplinary role.
* Tax due diligence and tax structuring of real estate and corporate transactions, and real estate fund structuring.
* Managing the outsourced tax compliance process, including ensuring timely filing of tax returns
* Scope covers all taxes (including transfer taxes, profits taxes, WHT, VAT, construction taxes, and by exception employment and taxes and local property taxes)
* Preparation of quarterly tax provision/reporting working closely with the Finance team.
* Proactively communicate tax risks and recommend tax strategies and solutions to senior management
* Provide ongoing tax advice and support to Finance, Legal and local deal teams
* Ensure contract management and cash management / repatriation is effected tax-efficiently
* Manage and direct external tax resources in an efficient manner
* Oversee global transfer pricing policies
* Working with advisers to prepare detailed tax structure memos
* Ensure that internal resources, processes and controls are in place to produce accurate tax reporting, including identifying and implementing finance and tax process improvements as necessary.
* Manage tax-led reporting such as Country by Country reporting, UK Senior Accounting Officer legislation etc.
* Maintain and expand technical tax knowledge through professional development activities
The ideal candidate will have:
* Qualified ACA (or equivalent). Candidates without an ACA (or equivalent) but have significant tax experience and a relevant qualification (e.g. CTA), and the requisite accounting and legal knowledge, will also be considered.
* At least 5 years of corporate tax experience in a major public accounting firm or in industry.
* Cross-border tax experience, with core tax reporting experience in the UK.
* Real estate tax experience.
* Exposure to pan-European tax structures would be an advantage.
* Strong technical knowledge of tax rules and experience in corporate tax compliance, tax planning and tax risk assessment.
* Extensive knowledge of UK tax, as well as some cross-border tax experience.
* Good understanding of and experience with tax accounting under IFRS.
* Good understanding of corporate law framework of intercompany transactions.
* Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced and team-oriented deal-driven environment.
* Excellent project management skills and applies a pragmatic and efficient approach to handling complex assignments.