If you're looking to join an organization that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Tilney Smith and Williamson.
We are seeking a talented Junior Project Manager to join our Strategic Programmes team in Bracknell which will manage either well-structured medium sized projects or workstreams within larger projects
Their main responsibility is to ensure the successful, controlled delivery of these projects; and as part of this may be required to be involved in other project activities, including creating business cases, undertaking analysis, supporting design / configuration / testing, and leading training / stakeholder communications. This is a key role to help the business achieve its strategic aims, and hence will have visibility both across business functions and at a senior leadership level
* To understand the motivations for the project, the current state of play and the vision for the future to deliver the required change and the underlying business case.
* Help determine the resources required to deliver the project and the governance required to manage / control it.
* Support the creation and presentation of the documentation needed to gain approval for the project to proceed
* Maintain control of the project - ensuring it does not step out of agreed tolerances without prior approval
* Track projects spend vs budget, raising and approve purchase orders when necessary
* Help to ensure change is fully embedded within the business, that the business can effectively support it, and that plans are in place when resources leave / join.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Experience working in a project environment, either as a project administrator, workstream lead, business analyst or project manager.
* Able to both lead projects and get involved in all aspects of project delivery - including writing business cases, collecting requirements, managing and communicating with stakeholders, supporting testing / training, overseeing project meetings, and undertaking project administration.
* An ability to maintain confidentiality with a high degree of discretion
* Highly methodical and organised, with an ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy and a high-quality output
* Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Visio, SharePoint, Teams and Project software
* A basic Project Management qualification (for example, PRINCE 2 or APM Project fundamentals) is desirable but not essential
About Tilney Smith and Williamson
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, created by the merger of Tilney and Smith & Williamson on 1 September 2020.
With £54.8 billion of assets under management (as of 30 June 2021), it ranks as the third largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the eighth largest professional services firm ranked by fee income. The Group currently operates through three principal brands: Tilney, Smith & Williamson, and online investment service Bestinvest. It has a network of 28 offices across the UK, as well as the Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands. Through its operating companies, the Group offers an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, and businesses.
Tilney Smith & Williamson's chosen purpose to "place the power of good advice into more hands" succinctly encapsulates the group's central mission of supporting both individuals and businesses to achieve their goals.
In delivering its purpose, Tilney Smith & Williamson have set out three core values that it is committed to embedding in the culture of the business:
* Personal - we treat you as an individual: We are a people business at heart and strive to deliver a friendly, inclusive, and personalised service to all our clients, large and small.
* Partnership - we go further together: We develop relationships that stand the test of time, spanning multiple generations. We partner across the full breadth of our expertise to create value for our clients, our company and society at large.
* Performance - we strive for more: We are ambitious for our clients and for ourselves, so we aim to be a forward-thinking and innovative business that leads the way in the industry.
The Tilney Smith & Williamson Group recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief. At Tilney Smith & Williamson we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.