This FTSE 100's tax team is responsible for managing close to £1bn in annual tax payments across more than 20 countries.
As an International Tax Manager within this team, you'll be at the forefront of helping to manage both existing tax obligations as well as emerging obligations in the fast-developing and leading-edge world of the taxation of digital services all over the world. Understanding the business is critical to helping shape current and future plans for market growth and expansion.
Your responsibilities will include:
* A high-performing and enthusiastic individual with a keen eye-for-detail, ready to take-on responsibility quickly and help grow a leading tax team
* You enjoy learning, sharing ideas, and making a difference to the business and the team
* To excel in this role, you'll be keen to:
* Develop a deep understanding of the industry
* Build strong relationships with stakeholders across the business and tax authorities
* Tackle challenging international tax and structuring questions in a variety of jurisdictions
* Enhance systems and processes by making them scalable and automated
* Be involved in governance and risk management, including dispute resolution
* Work collaboratively within the International Tax team and with key decision makers to design, develop, promote and deliver a robust international tax strategy across the group.
* Lead the business partner relationship with our International businesses to ensure all tax obligations are met on a timely basis in these jurisdictions, to ensure compliance with local tax laws and group tax strategy.
* Co-ordinate responses to all tax queries, to monitor transfer pricing policies, and to identify current and potential opportunities and risks for that business.
* Manage the compliance cycle for the International businesses to ensure that all direct tax filings and payments are made within the statutory deadlines.
* Assist the tax reporting team with tax reporting and forecasting for the international businesses.
* Lead and manage tax audits and litigation within the International businesses to appropriately support and defend the group's tax position and to recommend a strategy for closure of outstanding issues.
* Proactively create appropriate strategies to manage and optimise the group's tax position, which are compliant with the Group Tax Strategy and with the KPIs of the tax team.
* Manage the approval and implementation of such strategies, including co-ordinating and clear communication with key decision makers and stakeholders, relevant functions within the business and external advisers.
* Maintain a current knowledge of international tax developments and proactively disseminate the impact of proposed changes to relevant stakeholders. Model the tax impact of proposed legislative changes and propose and implement mitigating solutions compliant with the Group Tax Strategy.
* Partner with the relevant corporate teams and legal teams on mergers & acquisitions and joint ventures (including tax due diligence, acquisition/divestment strategies and post-acquisition tax opportunities).
* Act as the first point of contact for the Tax team for the implementation of new business initiatives, business restructuring, and entry into new countries associated with the Digital business, including complex jurisdictions such as developing economies.
* Produce financial models to understand potential tax impact and to recommend the best to structure the expansion in line with the group's existing priorities.
* Work closely with external tax advisors and lawyers across multiple jurisdictions and maintain these relationships so that advice can be sought when required and as quickly and efficiently as possible.
* Liaise with relevant trade bodies, competitors and professional bodies to keep abreast of industry issues and opportunities, technical and case law developments.
* Provide training within the organisation on legislative changes and their impact on the group.