In-house role for a Group Tax Manager based in Alderley Edge. This Major Property Group seeks an all-round corporate tax advisor who is interested in also doing some treasury work. In this role you will help the share-holders and the business with tax planning advice and you will manage the compliance and reporting for the Group. As the lead tax person you will have responsibility for both direct and indirect tax. You will report to the financial controller. Day to day this role will include:
• Preparation of corporate tax computations and liaison with external advisors.
• CT compliance including the management of Tax Payments on Account, Group Simplified Arrangements for group relief and Group POA administrative matters etc.
• Assisting in the development of robust procedures to manage the group’s exposures arising from the SAO regime and BEP’s transfer pricing initiatives.
• Managing the relationship with HMRC.
• Advice to the business on SDLT and CIS.
• Assisting in the development of robust procedures to manage the group’s exposures arising
from the SAO regime and BEP’s transfer pricing initiatives.
• Key source of advice for ad hoc queries in relation to property acquisitions, disposals, VAT options to tax, lease incentives etc.
• Calculation of all current and deferred tax entries for inclusion in the group and UK subsidiary statutory accounts, including tax proof and tax related notes to the accounts.
This role would suit a tax specialist with strong compliance and reporting experience. It is likely you will be ACA, ICAS or CTA qualified – you may currently work in-house or in a large accountancy practice. This role is mainly office based and offers the opportunity to broaden your experience in to other areas of accounting and treasury work.