Tilney Smith & Williamson
Leading independently owned providers of investment management, financial planning, financial advisory, accountancy, tax and corporate services to private clients, corporates, professional practices, and non-profit organisations. With over 60 offices in the UK, Ireland, Jersey and Guernsey, 3,200 people and an international capability in over 100 countries, our aim is to provide an innovative global service.
Private Client Tax Services
Many individuals seek help with their taxes whether it is due to lack of time, the complexity of the annual tax return process or to find tax efficient strategies. Whatever the reason, we can help individuals from all walks of life with all the tax issues they may face. We can deal with compliance obligations and reporting requirements while also offering high level advice on a domestic and international level.
We are part of a national business line, supporting tax work from all the S&W offices in the UK.
Purpose of Role
As a Senior you will be part of the team to ensure that both advisory and compliance work is completed and to start to identify opportunities and work in a team delivering for a wide ranging portfolio of clients.
Client compliance work
* Delivering high quality service to clients
* Responsible for a portfolio of clients
* Ensuring administration of the portfolio is completed including all aspects of compliance, tax returns and tax computations
Client advisory planning work
* Identifying possible opportunities
* Delivering high quality advisory services to clients
* Preparing reports for clients
* Attendance at client meetings
* Answering client ad-hoc questions and enquiries in respect of their tax affairs
Yearly routine checks and compliance
* Ensuring S&W procedures on annual tax cycle are complied with
* Collating and maintaining client information
* Client billing and time analysis
Training and development
* Attend internal training sessions
Assisting other staff members
* Provide support to other staff members and partners on chargeable and non-chargeable work when required
* Involved in business development activities/profile raising locally
* Able to take advantage of marketing/PR opportunities
1 Planning and Organising
* Must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
1 Written and Oral communication
* Good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner.
* Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members.
1 Customer Focus
* Meeting deadlines and responding to client needs.
1 Team work
* Provide link in chain to supervise staff members below and support Directors above.
1 Maintain Technical Expertise
Education and Qualifications:
* ATT/ACA / CTA or equivalent qualification.
Experience and Skills:
* Experience gained within a professional services firm.
* Experience gained within personal tax in both an advisory and compliance setting
* Good communication skills to communicate effectively with clients