Would you like to be working in a top brand in the UK, supporting global FTSE businesses meet complex demands with the associated tax advisory, strategy and controversy?
This role will provide Tax advisory and compliance services to a wide range of clients. The primary
responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will
also provide assistance to Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the
group and on occasions the practice.
You could sit within multiple offices such as Birmingham, London, Reading, Bristol and Cambridge.
* To act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Partner.
* There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for project delivery on their portfolio
* Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
* Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
* Liaise with HMRC
* To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Partner/Principle informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
* Ensure that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review
* Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principle/Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
* Must provide overall support to Partners on client matters and assist Partners in the management of the group, this will include support at times for the recruitment and management of staff
* Will work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
* Actively participate in the management of the group through Partner/Manager meetings and by attendance at social function
* Must be able to recognise business development opportunities and inform and work with the Partner and the client to develop these when they arise
* Participate in bids/proposals for new work
* Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
* Demonstrable post qualified experience
* Guide and supervise less experienced colleagues.
* Support, train, mentor and advise others in own area.
* Challenge current practice - driving improvements and championing change.
* Take personal responsibility for own decisions and actions and those of others.
* Lead projects of limited scale or complexity.