Leading Insurance Firm
Direct Tax Assistant Manager
Salary - Competitive
City, London (hybrid working)
The purpose of this role is to support the EMEA Direct Tax team, which manages all direct tax issues across more than 20 jurisdictions. The role reports into Senior Tax Managers and responsibilities will primarily be in reporting, compliance, and support for projects across EMEA (including Finance and Tax Transformation).
* Support the team with the US, French and Local GAAP tax reporting processes.
* Preparing the tax reporting disclosure in the statutory accounts for a group of companies.
* Managing a portfolio of tax provisions for local financial documents including working with auditors as needed.
* Managing the Tax Accounts including preparing true ups for US, French and Local financial documents.
* Assist with review and/or preparation of tax computations, including working with external advisors as needed/required
* Assisting with the implementation of Transfer Pricing documentation across the EMEA region
* Support on tax audits as they arise.
* Support improvement of current reporting and compliance processes for standardisation and automation
* to drive efficiency.
* Support implementation and documentation of best practice in reporting and compliance processes.
* Support the Transfer Pricing Senior Manager with advisory and compliance across the region, as required.
* Support projects to allow prioritisation and focus within the wider tax team, this will include assisting the Head of Direct Tax as required/directed.
The successful candidate
* Experience of the compliance and reporting processes for a significant multinational group.
* Direct Corporate Tax experience in a tax department.
* A good understanding of working across multiple GAAPs.
* Insurance experience (including Lloyd's knowledge) would be an advantage.
* Good working knowledge of relevant legislation and be up to date with current developments.
* Experience of tax audit defence.
* Experience of working with third parties, including auditors and tax advisers.
* Flexible, adapt easily to a changing environment and work with multiple deadlines and partners.
Please apply ASAP for immediate consideration.