If you're looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Tilney Smith and Williamson.
We are seeking Operations Assistant based in Glasgow to perform the daily duties associated with all Operational Tax functions to ensure ongoing compliance with the U.S. and Irish Qualified Intermediary regime and Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). Assist in the delivery of the withholding tax reclaim service to Investment Management clients for specified markets.
* Complete all daily tasks assigned to you in relation to U.S. and Irish Qualified Intermediary (QI) requirements; including the collection and vetting of tax documentation, assigning correct withholding tax pools and regular liaison with Investment Front Office for requests, remediation and query resolution.
* Assist in the processing and filing of annual regulatory Automatic Exchange of Information returns and U.S. QI returns.
* Provide a quality withholding tax reclaim service; assisting in the annual eligibility exercise, administrative duties associated with the collection of reclaim forms and the timely posting of client refunds.
* Ensure that all tasks are completed to a high standard and that any anomalies are reported to your line manager within agreed timescales
* Ensure that fair treatment of clients is at the forefront of all activities and that all interactions are conducted in an open and transparent manner
* Demonstrate an understanding of the risks to clients within their operation and how these will be mitigated
Skills and Qualifications:
* Candidates with no relevant experience, Scottish Higher qualifications (or equivalent) at level C or higher in relevant subject.
* Relevant professional qualifications e.g. CISI Investment Operations Certificate desirable but not essential
* Planning & organising
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Personal leadership & teamwork
* Excellent Communication skill
About Tilney Smith and Williamson
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, created by the merger of Tilney and Smith & Williamson on 1 September 2020.
With £54.8 billion of assets under management (as of 30 June 2021), it ranks as the third largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the eighth largest professional services firm ranked by fee income. The Group currently operates through three principal brands: Tilney, Smith & Williamson, and online investment service Bestinvest. It has a network of 28 offices across the UK, as well as the Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands. Through its operating companies, the Group offers an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, and businesses.
Tilney Smith & Williamson's chosen purpose to "place the power of good advice into more hands" succinctly encapsulates the group's central mission of supporting both individuals and businesses to achieve their goals.
In delivering its purpose, Tilney Smith & Williamson have set out three core values that it is committed to embedding in the culture of the business:
* Personal - we treat you as an individual: We are a people business at heart and strive to deliver a friendly, inclusive, and personalised service to all of our clients, large and small.
* Partnership - we go further together: We develop relationships that stand the test of time, spanning multiple generations. We partner across the full breadth of our expertise to create value for our clients, our company and society at large.
* Performance - we strive for more: We are ambitious for our clients and for ourselves, so we aim to be a forward-thinking and innovative business that leads the way in the industry.
The Tilney Smith & Williamson Group recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief. At Tilney Smith & Williamson we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.