About Tax Advisory:
Our Client provide business taxes advisory services to FTSE 100, international funds and major corporations across a broad suite of tax services and technical specialisms. They are an independent expert led tax practice with definitive expertise across many areas of tax and a commercial approach to advising our clients. Their senior management team members are leaders in their field, qualified in accounting, tax, law and surveying and the team also includes valuations and technology experts and economists.
About the Role:
Our client has a growing employment tax and reward advisory business, providing technically minded but commercially focused and pragmatic advice. Their services include all aspects of tax and reward issues for employers such as payroll health checks, due diligence, assisting with HMRC enquiries, providing advice on expense and benefits arrangements (including PAYE settlement agreements, termination payments, disguised remuneration, employment rated share schemes), employment status and off-payroll worker issues.
They also provide advice and support for international issues (such as non-resident directors, short term busines visitors, international assignment planning, and specialised payroll arrangements such as modified and shadow payrolls). They also support employers in creating attractive reward packages, aiding with the planning, implementation, and operation of share schemes and carried interest / promote arrangements.
The employment tax and reward business helps clients across the whole of the tax advisory team and therefore covers a wide range of sectors, with extensive experience in the life sciences, relate estate, and private equity backed companies.
The Corporate Finance Practice is seeking a Director to support the senior team in providing tax advisory services across their clients.
The role will be highly varied, covering the range of issues above. The role will focus primarily on advisory services with some elements of compliance work. The role forms a great link between the employment tax and reward business and the wider tax advisory and corporate finance team and will form a key part of this growing arm of our tax advisory business.
It's not expected for the individual to have experience in every area listed - rather an individual with experience in at least some elements of employment tax or global mobility, with a keen desire to broaden their experience and gain expertise across the spectrum of employment tax and advisory services we provide.
* Supporting the senior team with employment tax and reward advisory services for our client base
* Leading employment tax compliance services for our clients
* Delegating work to and managing the junior members of the wider tax team
* Assisting the senior team with employment tax and reward elements of transaction and advisory projects as required
* Actively keeping up to date on technical matters and dealing with detailed technical queries raised, coordinating the preparation of practical, robustly supported advice
* Taking ownership of projects in relation to WIP management and billing
* Undertaking training both for clients and internally as required
Education and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree (2.1) or equivalent
* ACA, CTA or equivalent qualified
Experience, Skills and Competencies:
* Minimum of 5 years' experience of tax with a focus on employment taxes or global mobility
* A good tax technical knowledge in at least some areas of employment tax or global mobility, and a desire to broaden this
* An ability to communicate (verbal and written) complex technical issues in a straightforward and practical way to tax and non-tax specialists
* Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
* Outgoing and personable and able to integrate with a team and interact with colleagues of all grades
* Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload under pressure
* Proven ability to take ownership of projects and come to decisions independently whilst being supported by the senior team
* Demonstrable skills at building and maintaining relationships with colleagues within and outside tax teams
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.