This global technology firm are sourcing for a talented EMEA Tax Manager to join their team based in London.
This EMEA tax team has responsibility for tax planning and compliance in some 35 countries across the EMEA region. The team is led by the Tax Director (EMEA and APAC) who reports to reports to the Vice-President of Tax in the US.
Role and Responsibilities
* Operating the corporate income tax compliance process by supporting and enabling the provision of information to our external advisers the UK, Mainland Europe, Nordics and South Africa and reviewing the tax returns prepared by the external advisers.
* Liaising with external advisers and accounting colleagues to support preparation of local accounts tax disclosures.
* Managing income tax payment process for EMEA entities including initiating payment requests and supporting cash tax forecasting and reporting;
* Supporting cross border tax issues such as transfer pricing, treaty clearances and withholding taxes:
* Assist with tax audits - working with local accountants and tax advisors, dealing with communications and minimizing further queries.
* Support quarterly group provision process as required (the provision is prepared by advisors under a managed services contract).
* Support ad hoc projects and research as assigned by the EMEA Tax Manager
This is a brilliant role, encompassing elements of tax technology too. Please do apply or get in touch with me directly to discuss further.
What will you achieve?
* Delivering tax compliance across the EMEA region through partnering with external tax provider.
* Managing tax payments efficiently and obtaining timely refunds
* Supporting the business in minimizing the cost of withholding taxes
* Scope to develop into tax advisory activities as tax compliance activities permit
What's in it for you? Excellent opportunity to develop tax experience and apply tax skills in the fast-moving technology industry;
* Satisfaction of supporting delivery of corporate income tax compliance for companies across the region;
* Working closely with a Big 4 tax compliance provider;
* Recognition from accounting colleagues for your tax insight and support;
* Ability to influence automation projects and digital reporting as they deliver SAP upgrades and prepares for enhanced electronic reporting requirements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Must Have Skills:
* Chartered accountant (ACA), Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) or equivalent.
* 3 or more years post-qualified experience (PQE) in taxes
* Excellent software skills, especially Excel
* Fluent in English, additional languages welcome.
* Can multitask and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines, with attention to detail;
* Can build relationships and trust within the organisation with tax, accounting, legal and business colleagues;
* Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate tax issues to non-tax people;
Nice to Have Skills:
* Big 4 tax experience.
* Experience in UK and international taxes either in practice or in-house.
* Experience with HFM Smartview and SAP;
* Experience with Onesource Tax Provision