As part of the leadership team, you will manage the interface between a group of clients and the firm to ensure that the agreed expectations of the clients in terms of service, quality, and cost.
Responsibilities will include:
* Identifying and advising on VAT planning opportunities, and undertaking specialist technical assignments.
* Responding to clients' correspondence as a priority, and to keep the client and partner fully informed of the current status of the VAT work.
* Acting as the principal point of contact to clients on VAT queries and to maintain excellent client service at all times.
* Undertaking work delegated by senior leadership.
* Ensuring appropriate liaison takes place with other departments.
* Closely monitoring work in progress reports, to ensure the profitable recover-ability of work done and to bill clients on a timely basis.
* Developing an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and an awareness of the firm's services, brochures and publications.
* Identifying, interviewing and converting prospective clients as well as assisting other departments in the research and preparation of formal proposals for new work.
* Taking an active involvement in prospective client seminars, effectively following up with contacts made.
* Assisting in review and quality control procedures and the administration of the department where required.
* Attending staff meetings and training as required.
* Maintaining an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
* Carrying out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose