This fast growing technology driven e-commerce company has raised one of the largest pre-seed investment round in 2020 from investors. In this newly created role, you will mainly take responsibility for all indirect tax matters, and also some direct tax matters.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Finance & Tax team of a dynamic and expanding high-growth start-up.
Key responsibilities include
* Supporting and advising on direct and indirect tax matters across all taxes within the group - including Corporate Tax, Transfer Pricing, Employment Tax, VAT and Customs, with a specific focus on Indirect Tax matters.
* Maintain responsibility for all aspects of reporting, compliance and advisory for tax.
* Full ownership and responsibility for the Group's indirect tax compliance obligations, working with third party compliance providers to ensure timely and accurate filing of VAT and sales tax returns.
* Responsible for developing the strategy for tax matters
* Responsible for building relationships with the various functional business heads to become the key point of contact on tax matters
* Assist with tax technology implementations and automations with our ERP and IT systems
* Responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with external advisors
* Responsible for monitoring new tax legislation and keeping on top of the evolving tax landscape
* supporting the Finance integration manager on all tax aspects of acquisitions and integrations.
* You'll be comfortable working in a high growth dynamic business
* confident working in a constantly evolving environment and comfortable establishing processes and controls
* CTA/ACA qualified or equivalent
* You will have detailed knowledge in at least one key tax specialism, preferably VAT
* Willingness to get stuck in on learning other areas of tax outside of your specialism
* Experience in e-commerce is an advantage
* Ability to clearly communicate tax technical issues to a non-tax audience.
* Opportunity to participate in the share options plan
* Pension scheme
* Cycle to Work scheme
* 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
For more information about this role, please apply or contact Alin Brekke at The Consultancy Group.