Our PE backed client is a fast-paced, high growth, evolving Tech organisation: a global specialist providing premium end-to-end solutions. They service a growing sector, are energetic, agile and bring creative thinking to find smart solutions. With 1200 employees working across the world, they have retained the co-operative can-do mentality and you will be part of an effective finance department. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will have an impact upon the commercial growth of the organisation. As a key member of the finance team, you will support growth and be involved with new transactions and business development managing current entities, creating new entities and being the de facto expert - supported by and liaising with external advisors across the globe. Your role will interpret the practical applications of tax (direct and indirect) ensuring those entities are compliant and operating to each country’s regulations. You will have oversight of company secretarial filings and work across the business globally, both internally and externally to ensure compliance. There is a potential to expand the role to help cost, price and structure international deals and longer term the role could evolve to becoming the finance lead for the Global Business.
As the Finance Manager you will have significant involvement with commercial and administration and supporting management reporting. This will include:
• Support group accounting / audit / consolidation with foreign entity related queries
• Support Sales /Commercial teams with international transactions queries
• Through research and working with external consultants to build up and enhance knowledge database to support foreign transactions – impact of VAT, WHT etc.
• Creation and setting up new entities as the business expands
• The finance “go-to” person for foreign subsidiaries
• Foreign subsidiary local sales tax, annual report, annual returns submissions working with third party agencies
• Company Secretarial tasks for foreign subsidiaries – liaising with local advisors to ensure compliance
• EU VAT Returns/UK Intrastat / EC Sales Returns / CIS
• International Tax admin (residence certificates etc)
• Coordinate information flow to local auditors for statutory audits
• You will have a formal Accounting or Tax qualification, and good academics
• Working knowledge of international transactions and related tax (withholding and compliance) or willingness to learn
• A team player, with strong communication skills and the ability to build rapport and relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• You will be organised, deadline focussed, resilient and relish problem solving
• You will have initiative to undertake research as new markets are entered.
• Strong IT skills, in particular Excel
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
If you choose to email us in response to this advert please keep the data you send us to a minimum, i.e. your CV (in Word), your email address and your contact number. We will store your data for a period of 3 months and will not send it to anyone else without your explicit consent. If we have not contacted you within 3 months (an estimate of the time period that it is likely to take to fill the advertised role) we will delete your data. Our policy can be found on our website. In this policy, you will find information about our compliance with Data Protection Laws. You can find how to send us a request to access your data, request a deletion of your data, correct any inaccuracies or restrict our processing of your data. You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle your data with the Information Commissioner’s Office or you can contact Sarah Hunt for more information or concerns.