PROGRESS. PASSION. POSSIBILITIES
At KPMG our goal is to be the Clear Choice for our Clients, our People and our Community.
KPMG professionals are individuals who take deep, personal accountability for their work; have a passion for excellence; remain driven to achieve their full potential; and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional has a strong work ethic, thrives on challenges, and is dedicated to providing outstanding client services.
Manager, US Tax
KPMG in Bermuda is seeking a U.S. Tax Manager to join a team of Bermuda-based professionals providingtax compliance and advisory services to the global financial services sector. The work we do is complex and interesting, and presents a great opportunity to gain international experience and grow professionally. Bermuda offers a unique blend of jurisdictional advantages, including its position as a major financial services hub coupled with a number of key lifestyle benefits (amazing climate, quick commutes, great expat community of like-minded young professionals) and is a short direct flight from a number of key U.S. hubs including New York, Boston, Atlanta, and Miami.
- Provide U.S. tax compliance and advisory services to corporations and/or partnerships operating in the global financial services sector including insurance companies, hedge/private equity funds, and/or entities operating in the insurance linked securities (ILS) sector;
- Oversee the preparation and/or review of tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 for a diverse range of entities, from standalone captive insurance companies to large multinational SEC registrants;
- Assist Bermuda-based entities in understanding and addressing an ever-evolving range of international tax provisions (e.g. CFC, PFIC, BEAT) as refined by the TCJA and subject to potential further revisions in 2021 and beyond (e.g. SHIELD, revisions to GILTI provisions, BEPS 2.0);
- Coordinate a diverse portfolio of tax clients and be responsible for delivering high quality service and advice;
- Manage a skilled, multi-disciplinary team of tax professionals responsible for engagement delivery and take an active role in the continuous development of our staff; and
- Participate in and contribute to market and business activities external to the firm.
- A minimum of five years of corporate and/or partnership tax experience in a public accounting firm, preferably big4;
- Licensed CPA;
- Strong knowledge of ASC 740;
- Experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams, and in mentoring and counseling staff level team members; and
- Experience in the taxation of insurance companies, hedge and private equity funds, and/or international tax would be an asset but not essential.