PROGRESS. PASSION. POSSIBILITIES
KPMG professionals are individuals who take deep, personal accountability for their work; have a passion for excellence; remain driven to achieve their full potential; and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional has a strong work ethic, thrives on challenges, and is dedicated to providing outstanding client services.
At KPMG in Bermuda, you have the unique opportunity to become an integral part of a dynamic U.S. tax team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world’s top tax firms, while living and working in one of the most beautiful locations in the world. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service. KPMG in Bermuda is currently seeking a Director to join our tax team.
Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and coordinate the delivery of U.S. tax services, including the preparation and review of complex and specialized U.S. tax returns; for (re)insurance entities, investment funds, trusts, and/or corporate executives and other high net worth individuals;
- Advise clients on complex tax issues, transactions, and structuring;
- Develop and maintain deep technical knowledge in areas of relevance to our clients, including the U.S. domestic and international tax provisions applicable to insurance companies and/or investment funds and/or high net worth individuals;
- Develop and maintain market presence as well as strong relationships with clients and targets; and
- Train, manage, mentor and develop tax staff.
Candidates must have the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Eight years of relevant experience (preferably with a Big 4 firm) in the U.S. tax technical concepts relevant to (re)insurance companies, investment funds, foreign trusts, and/or corporate executives and other high net worth individuals;
- CPA designation or Enrolled Agent qualification is required;
- Master’s degree in accounting or Taxation is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to articulate complex information;
- Proficient in the use of relevant technology, including MS Excel and tax return preparation and research software;
- Experience mentoring and counseling staff and manager level team members;
- Ability to work in a team environment; and
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work significant levels of overtime during busy periods.