Senior VAT Manager – (bilingual in English and French)
Location: one of our offices in Braga (Portugal), Paris (France) or London (UK)
Ryan is an award-winning global tax services firm achieving international recognition and market leadership through client service excellence, workplace innovation, and employee development. Ryan's European practice, headquartered in London, supports multinational companies operating across Europe with a comprehensive suite of international tax services. Our multi-disciplinary team of more than 2,500 professionals and associates serves over 15,000 clients in more than 50 countries, including many of the world’s most prominent Global 5000 companies.
Ryan offers outstanding opportunities to work in a dynamic, rapidly expanding tax services firm serving the world’s most respected Global 5000 companies. Our innovative work environment, accelerated growth path for high performers, competitive benefits package, and outstanding earning potential provide the most rewarding career experience available in the industry.
About the role
The Senior VAT Manager will work closely with our company's Consultants and Managers, as well as, with the Management of the Company and the Director of the department. Will promote a management relationship and will be responsible for communicating with customers, as well as, for monitoring the respective processes; will communicate with the tax authorities to solve client’s issues; will ensure vigilance on various VAT-related topics in Europe. The position includes a high level of teamwork and responsibility, with extensive interaction with all levels of employees across the compliance department.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align with Ryan’s Key Results
• Create a positive team experience.
• Global vision of operations of all clients in compliance and to know in detail the complex operations.
• Maintains existing client relationships.
• Performs complex consulting research and prepares answers to the clients under the supervision of the responsible consultant.
• Knowledge of development perspectives of the company / strategy / objectives.
• Ability to planning, organize, allocate and monitoring the work of the team.
• Coordinate teams and promote good relationships within the team.
• Ability to develop people – technical and soft skills – and to motivate the team.
• Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality and goals accomplishment.
• Define goals and deadlines for the team's work and decides and clarifies what work needs to be done to meet those goals.
• As established in compliance guidelines, trigger to the respective supervisors all the issues / questions / doubts identified in the client’s declarations.
• Proactive behaviour to identify priority tasks taking into consideration the established deadlines under the coordination of the supervisors.
• Proactive behaviour to always suggest a solution for simple situations / questions / problems detected in the compliance tasks of the clients, and know with whom the solution should be validated.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor / Master’s degree in Law, Management or Economics. Fluent in English and French (spoken and written). Other languages will also be valued in the recruitment process.
• Professional experience of at least 8 years in a multinational company / environment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet navigation and research.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be dynamic, have strong relationship building, be an organized person, be able to set objectives and to face up to challenges. This position, with strong added-value, will allow you to evolve quickly within the company.
Compensation and Benefits
Ryan offers flexible working through the MyRyan scheme, an innovative approach to reward and recognition and the chance to grow your skill set through internal learning. Our standard package is:
• Health insurance
• Meal Allowance
• Working from home benefit and set-up
At Ryan, we are guided by our core values:
Pursue Excellence – I create value through mastery, creativity and innovation;
Wired to Win – I drive exceptional results for our colleagues, clients and the Firm;
Generosity Matters – I share success with colleagues, clients and the community;
Build Trust – I demonstrate respect and trust for others; and
Integrity Always – I do what is right.