A FTSE 100, multinational organisation is looking to add a Tax Manager to their specialist Group Tax function within Group Finance and Business Services. Reporting directly into their Head of Compliance and Reporting, and sitting amongst a team of 6, this unique, pivotal role will cover both Corporate Tax and R&D. This position is to sit within their Bristol or London office and applicants must be prepared to attend office 3 times per week.
Key accountabilities will be:
* Completion of the Patent Box and R&D calculations for inclusion in the relevant tax computations. Tax incentive forecasting.
* The annual corporation tax compliance cycle: statutory account disclosures through to tax return submissions for a proportion of the subsidiary portfolio.
* The development and improvement of data information processes that underpin the tax returns.
* Liaising with and supporting the wider Group tax team in relation to international matters that may impact UK Corporation Tax Compliance (CFC, corporate Interest Restriction, DTR, etc).
* To aid the personal and technical development of the offshore team in India.
* To support efficiency improvements through the development of processes and controls in anticipation of Making Tax Digital and the internal Making Finance Brilliant programme (new SAP4/Hana).
* Assistance with the provision of ad hoc tax advice and planning to the UK businesses
The ideal applicant will have skills in the following areas:
* Detailed knowledge of the UK corporation tax regime
* Communication of relevant tax issues to non-tax staff to ensure greater understanding and awareness of the tax effect of certain transactions and processes.
* Excellent project management skills to ensure prompt delivery of accountabilities.
* The ability to influence and educate non tax stakeholders in a proactive manner to ensure that the tax team is respected within the business.
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.